Leveraging Instagram Reels for Business
Hey everyone, I’m Kaylie. I’m a wife, mum of 2 and Social Media Marketer @socialsuccesshub from Adelaide but currently located in Mount Gambier, South Australia. I help online business owners better manage and monetise their social media.
In today’s blog I want to quickly share with you the importance of leveraging Instagram’s relatively new feature, REELS.
As a small business owner, you may be thinking “oh great, another feature to learn and waste my time on” lol BUT, I want to share with you a different perspective.
I have personally been playing around with this feature since April 2021, not been doing anything greatly strategic or fancy and for the month of July alone, saw a reach on my account of over 12k just from Reels alone.
This feature has the ability to bring some huge awareness to your brand, your services and your products in a very creative way.
Additionally, you can have a lot of fun with it and you don’t necessarily have to use your face or do silly dance moves if you don’t want to.
Please note, this should NOT be your main marketing strategy, but serve as an ADDITIONAL marketing strategy to gain more reach and brand awareness to your account.
Here are some REEL quick ideas you could do for your business:
See what I did there? 😉
- Share a behind the scenes like “Instagram vs Reality”
- Showcase how you create your product or your morning routine (faceless)
- Introduce yourself & Tell your story through short clips (you could use images with text over top, video with text over top or just talk straight to the camera.)
- Before & Afters
- Tips & Tricks (no matter what industry you are in, you can share some sort of tips or valuable information to your audience, either on video or record your screen typing it out on your phone notes. Lots of creative options here.)
- Sneak Peek Videos of something that’s coming up
- Recreate a trending reel from the explore page and ask your audience to join in.
- How-To Videos
- Employee/Team Spotlight
- Create a batch of different videos of a “day in the life” and edit them all together
- Answer FAQs
You can batch content and save either to your phone to upload later or create reels directly on the Instagram app and save them as drafts you can go back to and finish later.
Be sure to document your insights so you can see the growth month by month or however often you would like.
Things to consider:
Instagram will deprioritise reels that are low-quality video or recycled content from other apps like TikTok. They are prioritising content that is entertaining, funny and interesting so be sure to add some surprises in there for your audience to really engage with.
I shouldn’t need to mention this, but I will anyway. Although you can create any sort of reels, try to keep them relevant to what your account is about, so if you are an accountant with a clean and professional looking profile, probably don’t create a reel that includes gangsta rap or jumping on a trampoline with your cat haha.
You still want to be attracting ideal clients/followers to your profile, so I would recommend adding words like “read caption for more” or “follow for more” at the end of your reels to encourage people to take that next step with you and actually read your caption or go to your profile.
I hope this has been helpful and my final tip for you is HAVE FUN! Don’t take it too seriously, you can always delete them later.
To your success,