Villagehood Australia is a village for mothers. It is a not for profit organisation dedicated to support the woman in every mother and committed to transforming the experience of motherhood by contributing to changing broader society’s mindset around motherhood and to creating a better reality for we, mothers.
1. THE VILLAGE FOCUSES ON MOTHERS and offers three avenues for engaging. Our Village activities take place at the Fulham Community Centre. The activities are a ‘reason’ to come so the magic of human connection can occur naturally.
• Me Time for mothers, in other words time for themselves at the Fulham community centre where their young children are taken care of by professionals in a creche setting on-site to give them peace of mind and the opportunity to mentally recharge by either attending fitness classes (Zumba, Pilates and Yoga) or doing things they enjoy (e.g reading). www.villagehoodaustralia.com/metime
• As well, mothers can connect with the Village to receive Advice from Experts, including Mothers through our Podcast, our Mothers Masterclass or our Mothers’ Circle. Our latest podcast was with Autism SA: we talked about Autism and how as a village we can best support families with children on the spectrum.
• And mothers can come to the Village to make Meaningful Connections. The village is a safe and caring place where mothers can just ‘hang out’ with each other and connect meaningfully. When was the last time you sat down for one uninterrupted hour and have a cuppa with a stranger with no other purpose then getting to know this person?
2. This is a VILLAGE OF THE HEART: we believe that through the power of giving we can spread kindness and we developed a PAY IT FORWARD FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN to help make Me Time available to all mothers especially to those who – due to Covid-19 or for other reasons – can’t afford Me Time. https://www.villagehoodaustralia.com/giftitforward
3. It is A VILLAGE that will have a social IMPACT: together this village of likeminded mothers will transform motherhood so every mother like you can choose ANOTHER WAY, a better way that works for YOU. YOUR voice is OUR voice and together OUR voice is STRONG. https://www.villagehoodaustralia.com/about
4. And it is a VILLAGE that is CULTURALLY INCLUSIVE: being Moroccan & French and a mother of Aboriginal children myself, I feel I have a vital responsibility and opportunity to contribute to the process of Reconciliation, Social Inclusion and embracing Diversity that will make our society strong for everyone.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.